If you haven't found an answer to your questions using the search, feel free to use the guides listed below for your academic needs.
Looking for professional essay writer? Try this service - they write essays, term papers and theses.
- Introduction paragraph tips
- Admission Land
- Personal Statement Writing
- MyDissertations.com - thesis writing services
If you want to use any of these manuals for online publishing, please make sure to include proper referencing.
Online Help with APA Style Essay
If you are currently taking a psychology class it's likely that you will write an APA paper based off of a current or future subject matter. APA stands for American Psychological Association and the style is used for formatting and content organization. Do you know what the paper consists of? When students first begin to use the style it can seem daunting. Even after verifying samples and going over detailed instructions, it can be challenging to remember the format.
Recall the following information as you are organizing the paper:
- Standard sized paper
- 1-inch margin on all sizes
- 12 point font
- Times New Roman
- Page header on the top left hand side of the page
- Page number on the top right side of the page
- The title page must contain a running header, title, author's name and school/institution.
- The abstract is a shorter summary of the topic. It will be used after the title page and should be no longer than 200 words. Your instructor may be specific on the abstract and length. If you have questions about the area confide in your instructor for specifications.
- The APA body paragraphs vary depending on what you are writing about and what subject it is being used in. If the paper created for a lab report then it will include a method section and area where the author discusses outside information. This is also an area to check on with your instructor so that you have a clear understanding of the format requirements.
- The reference section is an area where you will record all of the sources that were used as you were collecting information relevant to the paper. If the information was cited in the body paragraphs it must be included on the reference page. This is important to attach to the assignment so that the reader can verify where you have obtained information.
It's important to note that the structure will depend on the paper content. Regardless of the thesis, there must be four sections: the title page, abstract, body paragraphs and references.
If you are writing with APA style for the first time it can seem confusing until you break down the essay elements and understand the purpose for each area. Give yourself enough time to get the project done. Get a head start by doing plenty of research and knowing your topic well. Make sure that you also record all of the references you have used. When you have completed the following steps you will then be able to spend more time on the content to perfect areas of the paper that can be improved.
The most important part of this assignment is that you get the formatting and structure down correctly – this will help you organize all of the ideas that are relevant to your thesis. Verify information with an instructor before printing the final draft and take your time as you are reviewing and proofreading the paper.